Located at Telok Blangah Rise, Blangah Rise Primary School was officially opened on 12 July 1978 by Mr Bernard Chen (then Minister of State for Defence and Member of Parliament). Being an English medium government school, Blangah Rise Primary started with an enrolment of about 1200 pupils, offering Chinese, Malay and Tamil as Mother Tongue languages.
Mr Ang Chwee Sun, the school’s first principal led Blangah Rise Primary through its initial 8 years from 1977 to 1984. His two successors, Mr Tong Kin Leong and Mr Tay Hua Siang, assumed leadership of the school in 1985 and 1988 respectively before both were seconded to the Ministry of Education as school inspectors. In 1992, Mr Eric Lim was appointed the fourth principal of Blangah Rise Primary School, assuming principalship until 1999, when he was appointed the Principal of Meridian Primary School.
15 December 1999 marked new beginnings for Blangah Rise Primary School with Mrs Angelina Thng as the new principal and the relocation of the school to its present premises at Telok Blangah Heights. Built at a cost of 12.8 million dollars, the school houses 35 classes, with an enrolment of about 1300 pupils and a staff strength of 60 at the turn of the millenium. This new campus was officially declared open on 29 June 2001 by Mr Lim Hng Kiang (Minister of Health and Second Minister for Finance, Member of Parliament for West Coast GRC).