Every child is able to use Tamil language effectively.
To nurture passion and love for the Tamil language and its culture in our pupils.
The Tamil Blog serves as a platform for communication as well as a resource pool for our Tamil pupils. Parents could also use the blog site to access information pertaining to the Tamil Language Unit.
Tamil Language Fortnight
- Objective: To promote the use of Tamil language and to instil passion in the language.
- In conjunction with Tamil Language Month, a fortnight of language activities, competitions and programmes will be planned for our Tamil pupils annually.
Mother Tongue Assembly
- Objective: To serve as a platform for pupils to converse and participate in Tamil language activities.
- There will be a total of 4 Mother Tongue assemblies in a year, each of it encompassing various language and cultural activities to promote the use of Tamil language amongst our Tamil pupils.
Mother Tongue Camps
- Objective: To serve as good platforms in providing a bustling environment for our pupils to learn and use Tamil language more frequently.
- Our P4 pupils and P6 pupils will be having their annual Mother Tongue Camps in Term 2 and Term 4 respectively.
- During the camp, students will be exposed to various learning experiences that involve the Tamil language and culture.
Tamil Touch Typing
TL touch typing classes will be conducted for our P3 pupils in Semester 1 annually. Pupils from P3 to P6 classes will be given opportunities to use their TL touch typing skills as follows:
|Primary||Level||Tamil Touch Typing Activity|
|Middle Primary||P3||Typing a prose (Microsoft Word)|
|P4||Creating an e-book (Koobits)|
|Senior Primary||P5||Creating an advertisement (Microsoft Powerpoint)|
|P6||Posting of online comments (TL Blog)|
All P3 to P6 TL pupils will also be taking part in the Touch Typing Competition which will be held annually during the TL Fortnight.
School Internal TL Competitions
The following competitions are organized for our pupils annually.
|Primary||Level||Oral Competition (Semester 1)||Written Competition (Semester 2)|
|Junior Primary||P1||Singing||Word Builder|
|P2||Show & Tell||Word Builder|
|Middle Primary||P3||Role Play||Essay Writing|
|P4||One Word Topic||Essay Writing|
|Senior Primary||P5||Situational Acting||Essay Writing|