Every child is able to use the Malay Language effectively.
To nurture passion and love for the Malay Language and its culture in our pupils.
Teaching & Learning
- A variety of strategies is adopted to help value-add to the pupils’ learning and provide them with opportunities to demonstrate thinking and communication skills.
- ICT-based lessons using ICT tools (e.g. AsknLearn/ iMTL portal/ iPads) are designed to help students be equipped with essential ICT skills which may improve their composition and oral skills.
P1 and P2 Morning Reading
- Objective: To encourage the reading of ML storybooks and the love for the Malay Language amongst our younger Malay pupils
Malay Language Fortnight
The objectives of this fortnight programme:
- To provide authentic platforms for pupils to use the Malay language and to appreciate the Malay Language and the Malay Culture through fun- filled cultural activities.
- To raise pupils’ appreciation for their Mother Tongue language and its culture.
Malay Language Assembly Programme
- Objective: To serve as a platform for pupils to converse and participate in Malay language activities.
- The Malay assemblies encompass various language and cultural activities to promote the use of Malay language amongst our Malay.
Mother Tongue Camps
- Objective: To serve as good platforms in providing a bustling environment for our pupils to learn and use Malay language more frequently.
- Our P4 pupils and P6 pupils will be having their annual Mother Tongue Camps in Term 2 and Term 4 respectively.
- During the camp, students will be exposed to various learning experiences that involve the Malay language and culture.
Objective: To provide pupils with a more authenticate experience of applying their language knowledge.
|Levels||Internal Competitions (Competition 1/ Competition 2)|
|P1 & P2||‘Baca Tepat’ / ‘Lagu-lagu Rakyat’|
|P3 & P4||‘Piraminda’ / ‘Pantun Warisan’|
|P5 & P6||‘Iklan Spontan’/ ‘Sahibba’|
|P4||My Dream Shop|
|P6||Pertandingan Piala Cendekia Sahibba|