Every child is able to use the Malay Language effectively.
To nurture passion and love for the Malay Language and its culture in our pupils.
Teaching & Learning
- A variety of strategies is adopted to help value-add to the pupils’ learning and provide them with opportunities to demonstrate thinking and communication skills.
- ICT-based lessons using ICT tools (e.g. AsknLearn/ iMTL portal/ iPads) are designed to help students be equipped with essential ICT skills which may improve their composition and oral skills.
P1 and P2 Morning Reading
- Objective: To encourage the reading of ML storybooks and the love for the Malay Language amongst our younger Malay pupils
Malay Language Fortnight
The objectives of this two-week programme are to:
- To provide authentic opportunities for pupils to use the Malay language to raise pupils’ appreciation for their Mother Tongue language and culture
- To create a platform for pupils to appreciate the Malay Language and the Malay Culture through fun- filled cultural activities
- To engage stakeholders and community partners in the promotion of the Malay Language Fortnight
Mother Tongue Assembly
- Objective: To serve as a platform for pupils to converse and participate in Malay language activities.
- There will be a total of 4 Mother Tongue assemblies in a year, each of it encompassing various language and cultural activities to promote the use of Malay language amongst our Malay pupils.
Mother Tongue Camps
- Objective: To serve as good platforms in providing a bustling environment for our pupils to learn and use Malay language more frequently.
- Our P4 pupils and P6 pupils will be having their annual Mother Tongue Camps in Term 2 and Term 4 respectively.
- During the camp, students will be exposed to various learning experiences that involve the Malay language and culture.
Objective: To provide pupils with a more authenticate experience of applying their language knowledge.
|Levels||Internal Competitions (Competition 1/ Competition 2)|
|P1 & P2||‘Baca Tepat’ / ‘Eja Tepat’|
|P3 & P4||‘Komik Spontan’/ ‘Piraminda’|
|P5 & P6||‘Iklan Spontan’/ ‘Pantun Warisan Spontan’|
|P4||Pesta Bahasa 2015|
|P4||My Dream Shop|