The Caring Teacher Awards is a biennial event that pays tribute to teachers who go beyond the call of duty for the holistic development of their students and ensure their charges grow up to be confident and independent learners for our nation. Started in 1996, the Caring Teacher Awards is organised by the National Institute of Education, Singapore with support from ExxonMobil Asia Pacific Pte Ltd and the Ministry of Education. This year, 5 of our teachers – Ms Usha Rani, Mdm Kimberly Koh, Ms Ivy Teo, Mr Muhammad Salim and Ms Magdalene Ho – have been conferred the Award. Congratulations!
Congratulations to Ms Puah, Head of Department for Mathematics, for having received the National Day Award (The Commendation Medal, 2020)!
The LEAP Award was launched by our late President SR Nathan in 2011 and awarded by the Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan every year to recognise exceptional teachers who have made a positive impact in nurturing students from the heart. These teachers believe that their students have the potential to excel beyond their capabilities. The Award also aims to motivate all teachers in Singapore to strive to be nurturing and effective educators. Congratulations to Mr Goh, our Year Head for Middle Primary, for having been conferred the LEAP Award 2020!
The Academy Awards for Professional Development recognise and affirm the efforts of officers in the education service for their contributions to the professional development of officers in MOE. Mr James Han, our School Staff Developer, has been awarded the Associate of Academy of Singapore Teachers award for his contributions towards the professional development of other officers in the education service beyond his own school. Congratulations!
2020 Primary One Registration Exercise (For Admission to Primary One in 2021): Updates & New Developments
1. In the light of the Covid-19 situation, there will not be any in-person registration at schools for the upcoming 2020 Primary One (P1) Registration Exercise this year.
2. The registration of children for admission to P1 classes in 2021 will open from Wednesday, 1 July 2020 to Friday, 30 October 2020. The dates for the different phases of registration can be found at https://www.moe.gov.sg/
3. The list of primary schools and vacancies available will be updated on the P1 Registration website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/
4. Parents are encouraged to prepare early and regularly check the P1 Registration Exercise website at https://go.gov.sg/p1reg for the latest updates on the registration exercise and the documents required for registration, including registration for overseas Singaporeans.
5. Information on the P1 Registration Exercise is also available as part of the Primary School Education Booklet, which can be downloaded at https://www.moe.gov.sg/
6. More information can be found in the link below: https://www.moe.gov.sg/news/press-releases/2020-primary-one-registration-exercise-for-admission-to-primary-one-in-2021--updates-and-new-developments
Participate in our BRPS Circuit Breaker Challenges on the following dates! Stay tuned to our website and Facebook to find out more!