Interview session with Ms Lim Heem Wei

Interview session with Ms Lim Heem Wei

“I focus on the process rather than the outcome. If we focus on the process and give our 100 percent all the way, then the results will speak for itself. If you have a dream, go for it! There is no more ‘what if’ when the time has passed,” said Ms Lim Heem Wei during her interview with our student leaders.

Ms Lim Heem Wei, the first Singaporean gymnast to qualify for the Olympic Games, visited Blangah Rise Primary School on 5 February. After being interviewed by our students, Ms Lim led them in stretching exercises and basic gymnastics.

12-year old Irina shared, “I have a passion for gymnastics and I go for training three times a week. It is important to balance my time between studies and training. I might face challenges but I have learnt from Ms Lim the importance of being positive, pressing on and working hard towards my goals.”

Ms Lim’s encouragement to pursue our dreams resonated with 10-year old Gabriel. He said, “I will definitely strive to work hard towards my goal and not give up whenever I encounter difficulties.”

The session also reinforced the value of peer support and teamwork for 12-year old Shane who shared that he could always count on his friends for support in his learning.

A big THANK YOU to Ms Lim Heem Wei for spending time with our students and inspiring them!

BR Lim Heem Wei_20200205_3942