Our Basketball Boys come in as South Zone’s Tier 2 Champions!

Our Blangahnites represented our school in this year’s National School Games for Basketball in the Junior Primary Category (South Zone Junior Division Basketball Competition Boys). The team, led by our teacher-coach Mr Kumar, put in commendable effort and the boys emerged as Tier 2 Champions.

It was a hard-fought victory and the members trained hard with extra practices on Thursdays leading up to the competition. Our School was one of the few schools who fielded Primary Threes and students from other CCAs in the competition. Despite their limited exposure to the sport, our students displayed the virtue of determination and humility on the court. Our students reflected on their performance after each match and were receptive to feedback.

Notable mentions are Han Yi Zhong, Titus from Primary 3 Topaz who despite his age and size, stood tall among the opponents and rose to the challenge. He was nimble on the court and took on a crucial role in key victories against strong teams. He worked well with Yuan Xiang

Titus shared, “I became passionate about basketball since I joined the CCA this year. I am thankful for the opportunity to represent the school and I feel proud of myself that I represented the school in this tournament. I will continue to train hard and do my best.”

Girls huddle
Boys Team Talk
Boys and Girls final pic
Nathanael, titus and yuan xiang
Natasha Sportsmanship award