National Day Celebrations 2022

It was a joyous occasion for Blangah Rise Learning Campus as we celebrated Singapore’s 57th birthday. The day began with classroom activities where students made pom-poms, banners and bunters to express their love for Singapore. All staff and students then gathered in the parade square for the March-in ceremony. Students from the Red Cross and Scouts marched in with the flags and all the students sang the national anthem with resounding pride and love for Singapore. Jun Yang reflected “I feel a strong sense of belonging towards Singapore when we sang the National Anthem. I want to do my part for Singapore when I grow up.”

In the second part of our celebrations, the students were buzzing with excitement as they made their way to the school hall. The elderly from Lion befrienders were able to join us for the celebrations. We had plenty of joy and laughter as the students had a ball of a time winning prizes when they obtained correct answers to the quizzes, which tested their knowledge of state symbols as well as this year’s NDP logo. There was also a special performance by the primary 2 students, who presented their own rendition of the song “Home” both live and through a virtual choir. “I was excited to be the emcee for this event as this was the first school concert since 2020. I gained confidence in public speaking and learnt many interesting facts regarding Singapore’s history,” shared Melody.

Picture1
Picture4 (1)
Picture2 (1)
Picture3 (1)