CCA Resumption

After more than 6 months away from CCA, our students get to do what they enjoy best on Monday morning again. This week, we resume CCA with enhanced Safety Management Measures (SMM) in place, starting with our P3 and P4 students. Our P5 and P6 students will restart their CCA in mid-October.

This phased transition back to CCA allows us to mitigate risks by limiting intermingling of students across levels. Aligned with enhanced SMM, the basketball members worked in groups of 5 to practiced attack/defence drills in 3v2 or 2v2. The dance members revisited dance movements within fixed individual space.

Michael, a Primary 4 student in STEM Club, shares, “I was very disappointed when we could not have CCA. At least we had the chance to create National Day messages using the micro:bit when CCA was suspended. Today, we finally get to build robots using Lego again, and do the coding on an iPad.”

His good friend, Chiaki, says, “I missed learning from Coach, and I’m happy that I saw him again today. We managed to play a small basketball match in our group of 5. But even before today, I have been playing on my own at the basketball court near my house and practising dribbling and defense drills.”

Primary 3 Alara, who is a member of Dance Club, is similarly excited about CCA starting again. “It feels very nice to be back! I missed my friends from other classes. Even though I have been going for Hawaiian Dance lessons outside, I miss learning Chinese Dance in school. Yesterday, I heard my bones cracking when I was revising the dance moves!”

As we resume CCA with enhanced SMM in place, we purpose to support our students in a total curriculum where they continue to experience holistic learning in spite of Covid-19.

Dance
badminton
football
STEM
basketball